Monday, January 18, 2010

4 Months as a Family





Christmas has come and gone. We've cleaned up the tinsel and lights. The freezing temperatures have been replaced with almost balmy weather. Madeline is back in school. Life continues on...but while so much is back to the way it was, my heart hurts for those in Haiti who will never have things back to the way they were. I also feel for those in the midst of adoptions who already have custody of their children in Haiti, but do not have those children in their tender arms. I pray that the government will expedite their paperwork and send those children home to their parents.


As of tomorrow, Jan. 21, Michael will have been in our family for 4 months. Sometimes I forget that it has only been 4 months..it's almost like he's always been with us. Then in the middle of the night when he's crying for the 4th time and I'm trying different ways to soothe him and none seem to be working, I know it's only been 4 short months and he's still feeling insecure. He has come so far though and I pray each day that he grows more and more at peace.
How much are those monkeys in the window? PRICELESS!
Michael's First Carousel RideThe Annual Gingerbread House project along with the annual question..."How much candy can I eat?"
Two songs from Madeline's school Christmas program...Madeline's becoming a true Texan...can you catch the twang in her voice? (You'll have to pause the music player.)







1 comment:

Gina said...

Carol, it is so neat to see all of your updates. I cannot believe it has only been four months since Michael has become a part of your family. He seems to have settled in so well. Thanks for sharing!