


There were 4 in the bed and the little one said, "Wah, Wah, Wah" and the Kindergartner said, "Wah, Wah, Wah" and the momma wanted to say "Wah, Wah, Wah" and the daddy said, "ZZZZzzzzzzz!"
Yes, nightime has now become my most dreaded time of the day. Between adjusting back to this time zone, possible nighttime fears, and plain old jealousy, Michael and Madeline are not sleeping well. I keep telling myself this too shall pass! Madeline is waking up between 1-3AM and just having a hard time falling back to sleep. She makes her way down to our bedroom and wants to snuggle, but if I am in bed (and that's a BIG if), Michael is usually laying on me or beside me and Madeline wants to do the same. Michael just fights sleep and only wants to sleep on our shoulder if we're walking around. He lets us all know very clearly with his huge lungs that he doesn't want us to sit and rock in a chair, or in the bed, or on the sofa. How do children know when we sit down even if we don't change their position??? It baffles me how he can figure that out.
The good news is that Michael is growing fonder of our lab, Richie. It was not love at first sight or even like, but pure fear. But if I had never seen this 4 legged creature before and he's coming at me, I would be scared too. He does love to throw the ball for him so neighbors are predicting they will be best pals one day.
3 comments:
Night time was the worst for us when we got home also. It took about 2 weeks to finally get everyone sleeping through the night again. I remember one day thinking, I wonder if he realizes this is the last stop? No more hotels. Then that night it was a night of inconsolable crying. We both tried, no position or technique would work. So we finally stood him up in the middle of the living room and sat on the couch. After the worst sobs for a full 5 minutes he finally walked over to us and climbed up and that was the end of the night time terror. I would always say, "the sadness comes out at night" good luck to you and it will pass. If you can stay awake that long
Carol- I am so glad you all made it home safely!! I will pray for you and your middle of the night little man. I have lots of time to pray for you while I'm up with Parker at 1 or 2 or 3 or 4...ha! We can do this sleep deprivation thing for how long before we just fall over? :)
I KNOW! How do they know when we sit down. Drove me batty with Alex (Mad's cousin) and will with Nate and I's new one coming in Jan (hopefully). Everything is worse at night isn't it--sadness, illness, hurtness, scaredness. This too shall pass. In the meantime.
THANKS BE TO GOD!
Post a Comment